Call for Applications: Fund for Gender Equality in Canada
We believe that a just recovery is a feminist recovery.
In collaboration with Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and the Equality Fund, with support from the Government of Canada, Toronto Foundation will be taking part in the Fund for Gender Equality in Canada, along with several other community foundations across Canada.
Through this fund we will deliver $400,000 locally to help shift power into the hands of women, girls, Two-Spirit and gender-diverse individuals by supporting their leadership and engagement in community-level initiatives.
With grants of up to $40,000, we will support charitable organizations at the “heart” of the women’s movement, whose core activities, leadership, mission, and vision are committed to advancing gender equality.
By participating in the Fund for Gender Equality, we are also committing to a number of other actions, including an examination of our own organizational and investment practices for women.
Eligibility, Timelines, Application Guidelines and More Information
The application portal will open on Tuesday November 3 and close on Monday November 30.
Below are key resources to consult to determine your eligibility, what’s required to apply and a link to the application portal itself.
- Application Process and Questions – overview of the application process and a template of the application questions
- Applicant Guide – key information for applicants, including the fund’s focus and eligibility criteria
- CFC’s gender equality webpage – outlines all the information applicants require to submit an application
- CFC’s national application portal – where all applicants must submit their applications
- We held a webinar for interested prospective applicants on Wed. Nov. 4, 2-3pm. To access the recording, click here.
Toronto Foundation will be hosting a Zoom call specifically for leaders from Toronto BIPOC-led and serving orgs to learn more about this application process on Fri. Nov. 20, 11am – 12pm. Register here.
For more info, contact Sara Krynitzki at email@example.com.
About Toronto Foundation and the Equality Fund
In August 2019 Toronto Foundation entered into a $300 million contribution agreement with the Government of Canada to support the Equality Fund Initiative as its fiduciary partner. The Fund is creating a sustainable source of funding to support women’s organizations and movements globally to achieve gender equality outcomes. As part of its accountabilities for this Initiative, the Foundation is responsible for the investment of the government funds with a gender lens.