In addition to our expert Fundholder Engagement team, there are a number of resources at your disposal to help you create a robust and efficient philanthropic plan. We are committed to sharing our community and philanthropic knowledge and have put together reading lists, issue briefs, and quick links to other resources to empower you to make impactful giving decisions.
Find out about some of the best organizations in the city in our Good to Give Guide (June 2017).
Check out our Family Philanthropy booklist, to find out our top picks from philanthropic leaders.
Check out our Canada 150+ booklist to be inspired by the diversity of Canadian identity throughout our sesquicentennial year.
Toronto Foundation has made a commitment to work towards reconciliation in relationship with the Indigenous community. To learn more about what reconciliation means, check out our Reconciliation Issue Brief.
We created a primer on addressing some of the main misconceptions philanthropists have about giving. Read our Grantmaking Primer here.
Here are some practical resources that you can use on your own time to create a philanthropic strategy:
- Life Stages of Giving
- Ways to Give
- Sample Will Wording
- Learn about the Benefits of Gifting Securities
- Wire-EFT Form for Cash Donation Transfer *please download before completing this form*
- Donating your vehicle
- Donor Advised Funds vs. Private Foundation Comparison Chart
- Investment Policy (until Dec. 31, 2020)
- Investment Policy Statement (effective January 1, 2021)
- Investment Committee
- Community Foundations of Canada Professional Advisors e-Resource
- Advisors News Archive
- It’s All Connected: A Handbook for City-building Philanthropy
- Social Impact Investing